It may happen that OBRM application stops sending monitoring events to dashboard regarding ShadowProtect (BareMetal backup) jobs' statuses.
This problem may be caused either by OBRM backup service or WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) problems. Also, the problem may be caused by the precedence of starting these services. WMI service should always start before OBRM backup service.
What to check:
1. Check if service "Offsite Online Backup Service" (SAgentservice) runs under the proper user credentials. These should be either Local System credentials or credentials of a local administrator.
- click "Windows button + R" and type services.msc;
- locate "Offsite Online Backup service" and click Properties (or check column "Log On As):
2. Check if service "Windows Management Instrumentation" is running (in Services window opened at step 1):
If the service is not running, start it.
3. Run the attached tool "ManagementEventWatcherTester" as Administrator to check whether WMI service works without issues.
It will display a command line window with text "Started..."
- open Notepad.exe and the the text "processStartEvent_EventArrived" should appear:
- close Notepad.exe and the application will show "processStopEvent_EventArrived"
If the application does not show the above messages, there may be problems with WMI service on the machine.
If everything works as described above, the problem may be caused by the precedence of starting these services. WMI service should always start before Offsite Online Backup Service.
4. How to change precedence of starting services (set dependency):
4.1. Open the command prompt as Administrator (cmd.exe - type cmd.exe in Search Programs, right click on the found icon and choose "Run as Administrator")
4.2. Type: sc config "sagentservice" depend= winmgmt
4.3. Press enter. Following message should appear: SC ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS
4.4. More information is provided here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2404569/why-does-my-net-windows-service-not-start-automatically-sometimes
5. Reboot the computer and check in OBRM logs SAgent.Service.log. if service "sagentservice" does not return any errors.
Please, contact support in case of any help needed.
- Download ManagementEventWatcherTester utility
- explanation of the services' dependency issue: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2404569/why-does-my-net-windows-service-not-start-automatically-sometimes