Email notifications are not received.
You see something like the following error messages when setting up email in System > Settings:
"Could not sent e-mail notifications, please check settings: Could not connect to SNTP host: 10.0.0.6 port 25, nested exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out."
By default, the CFA will use the localhost to send the e-mail message directly from the CFA.
- Go to Support > Diagnostics > ping the IP address of the e-mail server you are using
- If pinging fails, try to traceroute to the same IP to determine where the disconnect occurs
- Check and/or reset the relay policies on the SMTP server
- If possible, reboot that server or restart those services
- Add another e-mail address to the "Email To" field that uses a different e-mail server than the one currently in use. (Gmail, etc.)
- Does the new e-mail address receive the "Test Email"?