Under Clients > Summary on the CFA, the client shows a white and red triangle indicating "Backup Agent running but cannot communicate"
This is almost always a problem with the passwords not matching. The password in the configuration file (also displayed in the RVXConfig tool) must match the password in the Clients / Edit page.
- Confirm that the passwords match and then restart the service.
- Another way to confirm the passwords match between the client and the agent is to download the configuration from the client and apply it to the agent.
- Go to Clients > Summary > right-click on the client > select "Download Config" which will be named bacula-fd.conf
- Copy bacula-fd.conf into C:\Program Files\RVX-Backup
Possible Alternative Causes:
- A firewall or antivirus is affecting communication
- Please confirm no outside factors are blocking communication between CFA and client
- The wrong client version is installed (for example: 64bit client on 32bit OS)
- Rarely, the default port (9102) is not working and it is necessary to change this on both the RVXConfig side as well as the Clients > Edit side
- Try changing the port to 9204 (for example)
- If none of the above options help, there could have been a problem with the initial installation of the agent. Uninstall and Reinstall the agent using the following knowledge base article:
"Uninstalling/Reinstalling the Windows Agent Software"