We would suggest resetting the networking configuration to default (all these steps are to be done from the local console of your CFA):
- - reboot the CFA;
- - once the CFA has booted you will be shown with the Login screen;
- - log in there and choose Configure Networking Option;
- - select 'Reset to Default'. This will reset all the networking configuration;
- - change all the values as necessary, i.e. shot name, Domain name, Default Gateway;
- - then do 'Restart Networking'.
- - proceed with the configuration further to configure IP address, whether static or via DHCP
- - after saving all the changes you will need to reboot the CFA.
If you assigned a static address to the device, you will need to reboot the CFA to apply the correct address, however, during the initial setup the system will take a few minutes to set up the directory and storage structure and you will need to wait for this to finish before you reboot the CFA. The status of this process can be found in the system messages at the bottom of the screen. Do not restart the system until the UCAR setup is at 100%, and the system shows The system is ready!
With all this done, please try to access the CFA management console through the web GUI