SQL is a top-3 most popular database type for applications in all industries: ecommerce, business analytics, healthcare, defense, etc.
In this article, you'll learn how to easily configure the CFA to backup your SQL Databases in a few easy steps.
What you'll need:
- A configured CFA on the same LAN as your SQL Database (DB).
- A configured client on the machine upon which your SQL DB is running.
- Learn more here -
- Desired schedule and retention policies for your SQL DB
How it works:
- Once you've setup a client for the machine upon which your SQL DB is running, navigate to your 'Clients' Tab within the CFA Management Console.
- Select 'Edit'
- Check the box next to the appropriate client.
- Click the Edit icon next to the 'Fileset'
- Leave the box checked to run a full backup if the fileset is modified in the futre.
- Leave the box checked to use VSS writters.
- Check the box to "Override/Enable" the SQL plugin (at the bottom)
- Delete the default Dir Selection of "C:\" at the bottom.
- Apply Changes.
- Set your desired Full and Incremental schedule.
- Set your desired Full and incremental retention policy.
- Select "Apply" to save the settings.
- Select "Activate Configuration" to apply the new settings.
That's it, you'll now have your SQL DBs protected to your CFA (and offsite, if you have enabled offsite replication).