The CFA does require software to be installed for non-VMware environments. With the CFA, you can deploy this software to your machines without manually remoting into each machine for an installation.
This is also how to initially connect your Hyper-V host so you can add Hyper-VMs as clients.
What you need:
- Configured CFA on the same LAN as the Windows Machines you'd like to backup.
- The local IP address for the Windows Machine(s) you'd like to backup.
- The target machines must have printer and file sharing enabled in order to accept the file over the LAN.
- Domain or local admin credentials to authorize the installation.
How does it work?
- Create a new client record with the IP address of the machine.
- Authorize the push installation with your admin credentials.
- Verify the configuration in the summary tab.
Step 1 - Create a new Client
- Navigate to your CFA Management Console.
- Select the 'Clients' tab.
- At the top left, select the 'Actions' menu and select 'New'.
- Create a nickname and description for your new Client and identify the OS.
- Enter the IP address, check the "push client" option.
- Select "Push" at the bottom of the window.
Step 2 - Authorize the Push Installation
After selecting "Push" on the Client creation screen, or from the Client Edit screen, you'll be presented with a new window.
Enter your local or domain admin credentials in the fields provided and select install.
Note: If the process gets locked at connecting to the host, remember that your target machine must have network printer and file sharing enabled. If this is not allowed per policy, you'll need to adjust the policy or manually install the agent via RDP.
Step 3 - Verify the Client Setup
If the installation in step 2 succeeds, you'll be presented with such a message in the status window. Close this window, then select the Summary tab.
You should now see a green status bar next to the new Client you just created.
This client is now configured with both the Windows Agent (64bit) and the DR Imaging software.
You'll now be able to configure a DR Image backup, application or file-level backup for this Machine.